- Types of Data We Collect
We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data from you when you visit the Site, use the Service, and/or when you send us information or communications. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons.
Data You Provide to Us.
We receive and store any information you enter through the Site or Service or otherwise provide to us:
- We collect Personal Data from you, such as your user name, password, first and last name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number, when you create an account for the Service.
- If you use a Network and the network administrator has enabled the MAC whitelisting security feature, we collect your e-mail address or phone number when you accept the security token sent to your device.
- If you contact us via e-mail, we may collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other Personal Data included in the e-mail or that you submit to us.
Data Collected Through Use of Our Technology.
We collect information about you relating to your use of the Site or Service.
- We collect information about the configuration of and activities on wireless networks configured and/or managed using the Service.
- If you use a Network, we collect information relating to your activities on the Network, such as hardware address, geolocation, access point used, upload and download activities and patterns, and date, time, and duration of network usage. If a Network administrator assigns a name to your device, we collect this information.
- Our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information related to your visit to the Site, such as browser type and version, operating system, platform, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and a date/time stamp for your visit.
- We may use clear gifs (otherwise known as web bugs or web beacons) to gather information about your visit to the Site, such as what you click on and pages and information you viewed. Additionally, be aware that advertisers and partners may also use their own clear gifs and we do not control use of these by advertisers and partners and expressly disclaim responsibility for information collected through them. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are placed on a user’s hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages.
- Data You Provide to Us.
Use of Your Data
In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used to provide you with a customized experience, aid us in serving you better, and to respond to your requests. We use your Personal Data to:
- facilitate the creation of and secure the accounts on our Service;
- provide you the features and functionality of the Service and/or Site;
- improve our products and services;
- analyze request and usage patterns, diagnose problems with our servers, and administer our Service;
- improve the quality of experience and provide you a personalized experience when you use the Service or Site;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories (The e-mails we send may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the e-mail, such as whether the e-mail was opened and/or what links (if any) were clicked);
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests; and
- send you, if you hold an account with our Service, e-mail messages or postal mail informing you of our products and services and third party products and services we believe may be of interest to you, such as new features and services, special offers, and updated information, and for other marketing purposes for us or other companies.
- Disclosure of Your Data
We share your Personal Data with third parties as described below:
- If you register for an account with our Service, we will ask for your consent before we use or share your Personal Data for any purpose other than reason you provided it or otherwise provided by this privacy statement. We do not share the Personal Data collected in your registration information with our third party partners for marketing purposes unless you have Opt-in (granted us permission to do so). The privacy policies of our third party partners may apply to their use and disclosure of your Personal Data that we collect and disclose to them. Because we do not control the privacy practices of our third party partners, you should read and understand their privacy policies.
- We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers under contract to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending postal mail or e-mail, storing data, analyzing data, performing quality assurance, providing billing and payment services, providing technical support, providing marketing assistance, verifying identity, and providing customer service. These third parties may have access to your Personal Data only as needed to perform their functions.
Use and Disclosure of Anonymous Data.
You agree that we may use and share with third parties Anonymous Data for any purpose and in any manner. Anonymous Data includes non-personally identifiable data we create from Personal Data by excluding information that makes such data personally identifiable.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
- Your Control of the Use of Your Personal Data.
- Changes to Personal Data.
You may change any of your Personal Data we store by editing your profile through the Service or by sending us e-mail or postal mail at the address below. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by sending us e-mail or postal mail at the address below, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
- Your Control of the Use of Your Personal Data.
We have commercially reasonable security measures in place to help protect against loss, misuse and alteration of your Personal Data in our possession. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while PowerCloud uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, PowerCloud cannot guarantee its absolute security.
California Privacy Rights.
PowerCloud qualifies for the alternative option. We have a comprehensive privacy statement, and provide you with details on how you may either Opt-out or Opt-in to the use of your Personal Information by third parties for direct marketing purposes. Therefore, we are not required to maintain or disclose a list of the third parties that received your Personal Information for marketing purposes during the preceding year. If you are a California resident and would like request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may provide links to other third-party websites and services, which are outside our control and not covered by this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review the privacy statements posted on those websites (and all websites) you visit.
If you participate in a discussion forum or chat room one of our websites, you should be aware that the information you provide there will be made broadly available to others, and can be read, collected or used by other users of these forums, potentially inside or outside PowerCloud, who have access to that discussion forum or chat room. This information could also be used to send you unsolicited messages. Also, please recognize that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. Each participant’s opinion on a forum or chat room is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of PowerCloud. We are not responsible for the Personal Data or any other information you choose to submit in these forums.
PowerCloud Systems, Inc.
3333 Coyote Hill Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304